FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE : COMMUNIQUE BY REGIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (REC).
At an emergency Ashanti Regional Executive Committee meeting held on the 24th day of November, 2021, the Committee among other things resolved as follows:
1. That the Committee has taken note of the recent altercations by the Party members within the Region, which said altercations have the potential to bring the image of the Party to public ridicule and disrespect.
2. That the Committee reminds members of the New Patriotic Party to be minded of their duties under Article 3(5)(A) of the Party’s Constitution which among other things provides thus;
*_A member shall have the right and duty at all times to:_*
*_(I) Protect and promote the good name of the party;_*
*_(Ii) Protect the unity of the party;_*
*_(III) Be loyal and truthful to the party;_*
*_(Iv) Abide by and publicly uphold the decisions of the party._*
3. That the Committee again reminds members of the Party to use internal conflict resolution procedures as provided under the Party’s Constitution.
4. That the Committee has resolved that any member who in any manner or form communicates through the media against the Party or its officers with intent to cause public disaffection for the Party or its officers shall be made to face the appropriate Disciplinary Committee and sanctions provided under the Party’s Constitution shall be applied where found culpable.
5. That the Committee resolved that in order to maintain cohesion and Party unity at all times, all members of the New Patriotic Party shall abide by the above resolutions.
6. It is part of the Committee’s resolution that in order to make the National Annual Delegates Conference to be held at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium, Kumasi from 18th – 20th December, 2021, a memorable one, all Party members must religiously abide by the directives given by the National Party to the effect that *NO ASPIRANT* shall display his / her banners or memorabilia at the conference grounds or bring along “soloku” drummers in any form or shape as a show of support.
KWAME ADOM – APPIAH
( REGIONAL SECRETARY)