The Miezah College of Health has officially been commissioned. The opening came off last Friday, September 10, 2021 at Kodie-Apagya in the AfigyaKwabere South district of the Ashanti Region.
The institution is set to provide health education to all people who are interested in working in the various Health centers of the country.
Speaking at the opening, Dr Alexander Kofi Egote – Executive Director of Miezah College of Health said, he started the school in at Tophill Hospital to train students who are interested in chasing their dreams to becoming health professionals.
He therefore saw it necessary to establish the main campus at Kodie-Apagya in the AfigyaKwabere South district of the Ashanti Region to assist students pursue their dreams.
According to him, many Senior High School (SHS) graduates have failed to further their education due to some deficits they had in their WASSCE results. Thus, they did not meet the various public tertiary school’s cutoff point (grade) of C6 which qualifies them to be admitted into the government tertiary schools.
The director said, this has been a major challenge or burden to some graduates and the nation at large.For this reason, his school is ready to admit graduates who passed out with aggregate A to E8 in order to help achieve their dreams.He declared that, the necessary accreditations to run the school are all available and students are entitled to have a direct postings from the government of Ghana to various health centers in the country after completion.
DrEgote revealed that admission is in progress to enroll students into the following programs…
- in Medical diagnostic radiography
- Diploma in registered general nursing
- Diploma in medical laboratory technology
- Certificate in medical laboratory technolog
- Certificate in nursing assistant clinical
- Regular and Weekends
- WASSCE / SSSCE
- Certificate in medical laboratory Technology 25 years and above
- Diploma Medical Diagnostic
- Radiography for Top up to BSc Radiography
- Diploma Nursing for Top up to BSc Nursing
- Certificate in nursing
- NVTI certificate in Healthcare
- Mature students Above 25 years
By: Joe Marfo
Some scenes from the commissioning ceremony